Pray With Your Children
Perhaps you've never prayed with your children. But no matter how old they are, it's never too late to start. It helps to remember that prayer is simply a conversation with God.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1) Newspaper Prayer. Try this idea at the beginning of the day as you're eating breakfast. Have each family member take a portion of the newspaper and circle items that he or she feels need to be prayed for. Then ask family members to pray for the things they circled in the paper.
2) Sentence Prayer. You can help your children pray aloud by giving them a sentence to complete, such as:
- "Lord, I thank you for... "
- "Lord, forgive me for... "
- "Lord, help my friend... "
- "Lord, help me be more... "
- "Lord, help me to let go of... "
- "Lord, give me the courage to... "
- "Lord, one of the fears I need help with is... "
- A stands for adoration. Begin the prayer by simply adoring God for who He is.
- C stands for confession. Spend some time confessing your sins.
- T stands for thanksgiving. Take time to thank God for the blessings that He has given to you and your family.
- S stands for supplication. Lift up specific areas of your life in which you need God to supply for your needs.